Your monetary donation provides vital funding for day-to-day operations of the Historical Society. Donations directly support:
- Museum exhibits, including Les Paul, Wizard of Waukesha
- Public Research Center serving hundreds of patrons annually
- NEW Education Partnerships with SHARP Literacy Inc, and ERA’s Inter-generational Folk Art Fairs.
- Collaborations with Kenosha Public Museum, Waukesha Highland Games, Waukesha Janboree, and Waukesha Preservation alliance to bring artifacts and exhibits into the community.
- Museum ToGo programs that bring historic materials and content to schools, scout groups, and senior centers throughout the region.
- Preservation and conservation of artifacts and manuscripts which capture the unique history of Waukesha County.
- Landmark Magazine, quarterly publication, published by our society since 1959.
Jean Penn Lorke Memorial Fund for Education
The Jean Penn Loerke Memorial Fund, established by Pete Loerke, honors the memory and legacy of the Wisconsin historian and long-time Waukesha County Museum Director’s remarkable career. Please visit the Facebook page to view updates on the fund. All proceeds from the fund go to the museum’s Education Programming which serves students of all ages throughout our community.
Jean Penn Loerke worked at the Historical Society from 1972-1990, and was an advocate for the role historic sites play as sites of education and livelong learning. This fund honors her work, and seeks to ensure that every student in our community has an opportunity to visit and learn from the collection and exhibits of the museum.
Donations to the Jean Penn Lorke fund can be sent directly to WCHSM, please include a note with the donation indicating the desired use of the donation toward the fund.
Additional information about the fund can be found on Facebook
Other ways to give
Shop with a Smile
Shopping on Amazon this season – do it with a SMILE and support the Historical Society. Just go to: smile.amazon.com and select the Waukesha County Historical Society, Inc.
Amazon will donate a portion of your shopping.
You can also support us by becoming a member. Learn more by visiting our Membership page.
For inquiries regarding our artifact and archival collection please visit our COLLECTIONS page.