Images from the Warren O’Brien photography collection, showing construction of the connector building c. 1938.
Our transformation has begun! The Museum entered into an exciting partnership with Historic Prairivelle Ltd. to restore, preserve, and adaptively reuse the historic courthouse complex we call home. It’s been a pleasure working with Historic Prairieville Limited Partnership, the city, and commissioners on this exciting project!
With more than 800 hours put in by volunteers and interns, the Historical Society has worked to safely store our artifact collection – which is made up for more than 15,000 individual items. Artifacts were inventoried, tracked, and shelved safely in a temporary onsite-storage area.
Meanwhile, engineers and contractors have worked to verify the integrity of our buildings to ensure that proposed renovations will not harm the existing structure. Check back for more updates, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.